Re: Error handling

On Sun, 2003-01-05 at 05:27, Hans Ronne wrote:
> Are these units also in "reserve" mode? And do they sit with a passive plan
> all the time, or are they cycling? In the latter case, the problem is
> probably that they cannot do what they are supposed to do (colonize) for
> some reason, so the plan is aborted each turn. You can tell the difference
> by selecting one of the colonizers so that its unit info is shown and then
> switch to full mplayer control.

Sure enough, the engineers have a "Passive" plan at the beginning of
each turn, and a "Passive Reserve" plan at the end of each turn.  Even
if its supply runs low, it just sits around and does nothing.  It is
strange, however, that I have no trouble with colonization when I play.

There are only two things that make colonization in this game notably
different from colonization in others (e.g. advances.g or
postmodern.g).  First, everything, including all places except walls,
requires tech to build (and engineers can develop tech to build them).
Second, the engineers must toolup to build almost anything except walls.

I don't think that tech for non-moving units is unique to my new game; I
think that wizard.g also requires tech to build outposts and guilds.
Although I've never seen wizard.g discussed on the list in the time that
I've been here.

--
Lincoln Peters <peters2000@mindspring.com>