Re: Xconq binaries with new unit view code

>Is the Mac OS X one functional yet?  I downloaded it twice onto two
>different machines and got the same behavior each time:  after
>selecting "New" on the initial option screen it pulls up a window with
>two panes.  The one on the left is empty, and the one on the right
>contains the string "Xconq by Stan Shebs", a graphic of eight hexes,
>the string "(no description)", a "Cancel" button, and a ghosted "OK"
>button.  I can't seem to make it go beyond this point.  I noticed that
>the icon is a lower-res Mac OS 9 style one rather than a Mac OS X one,
>so my first thought was that there was still some OS 9 flavored stuff
>in there gumming up the works, so I manually started Classic just in
>case and tried again, but it didn't make any difference.

The MacOSX version (Carbon) is fully functional. This is only the app,
however. What you do need to do in order to run Xconq (any version) is to
check out a fresh copy of the CVS project, which contains all the library
files and images that are needed to run xconq. Then you just put Xconq
(Carbon or Classic) into the top (xconq) directory and it will work fine.
You  are seeing an empty pane because the app cannot find the library files
that it is looking for.

As for the icon, there is no high-resolution version yet. But this does not
affect the function of the app.