Re: Feature Request - Collapsable Occupant View

>Well, not content with harrassing the list for ways to
>make Xconq do things it wasn't quite meant to do, I've
>now decided to make blatent requests:
>
>1)  I'd like to know if it's possible to set up Xconq
>so that the occupants of a unit are only visible upon
>request by the player.  I'd like it for the game I'm
>working on, of course, wherein units are occupants of
>armies, but it'd also be useful for structures within
>cities.

There is already support for this in the ui code where vp->draw_occupants
is defined. It is not used in any of the interfaces, however. The reason is
that "hidden" units will cause problems with access for selection, current
unit display etc. This can be handled in the Mac interface where you can
ctrl-click on a unit to open it and reveal the occupants, much like
clicking on a stack of units in Civ. But there is nothing similar (unit
closeups) in the other interfaces yet.

>2)  If possible, could someone hammer out a Combat
>Type 2 that is only Combat Type 1 but not to the
>death?  I'm hoping that this is a minor change, I'm
>probably too optimistic.

You mean just one round of combat each turn? Yes, that would be possible. A
better option that we have discussed on this list, however, is to make both
types of combat math (hit-chance table and attack/defend values) available
in both combat models. So that you could run model 0 with attack/defend
values, for example. Which I think is what you really want.