Re: Tcl/Tk 8.3 on X11: BadWindow and BadDrawable errors

>  I have been getting the following errors at the beginning of Xconq games
>using
>the Tcl/Tk interface on X-Windows:
>
>X error on display :0.0: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
>
>X error on display :0.0: BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter)
>
>  I have traced them to an invocation of set_tool_cursor (in tkmap.c) with
>which = 1, instead of 0. What I have gleaned from the code is that which = 1
>indicates the view region for the world map, as opposed to the main
>map.
>  Both maps _seem_ to be created okay, as I have walked through the mapw_cmd
>call for each of them....
>  set_tool_cursor gets called 3 or 4 times for some autoscrolling of the main
>map by the run_game_idle stuff, and everything is fine. Then the world map
>cursor change is triggered in the following context:
>
>#0  set_tool_cursor (map=0x88274e0, which=1) at tkmap.c:4502
>#1  0x0804dc70 in update_world_mouseover (map=0x88274e0, rawx=183, rawy=147)
>    at tkmain.c:1547
>#2  0x0804dc02 in tk_world_mouse_over_cmd (cldata=0x0, interp=0x818db18,
>    argc=4, argv=0xbfffefc0) at tkmain.c:1538
>#3  0x400491d7 in TclInvokeStringCommand () from /usr/lib/libtcl8.3.so
>
>and I get the above errors when Tk_DefineCursor is called with world map's
>tkwin.
>
>  Has anyone else seen this?

This BadWindow, BadDrawable problem has been around for ages. I never
bothered to fix it since it is specific for the X11 interface and seems to
be harmless. However, it would be nice to get rid of the warnings, so if
you can figure out how, it's great.