emblem drawing glitches on linux

Hi all, my first post to this list.  With so few posters here,
how could anyone _not_ notice a first post? :-)

When moving a unit, I can see emblems being drawn and erased in
adjacent cells if at least one of those cells has not been seen
before.  If another unit becomes active, then the emblems around
first unit remain on the map.  There are other cases where the
emblems remain, but I can't quite figured the pattern out.  I
can erase the extra emblems by redrawing the map, so they are
really just a visual nuisance.  Everything works fine otherwise.

I use xconq under linux (debian sid) and tck/tk 8.4.3.  No
difference with tcl/tk 8.3.5.  I also did a fresh CVS check out,
since I have been messing with the code a bit, but no luck.

Since no one else has reported this problem under linux, I do
wonder whether it is a something peculiar on my system or
perhaps debian, but I am not yet convinced.

Tom