Re: emblem drawing glitches on linux

On Wed, 25 Jun 2003, Tom Lowshang wrote:

> When moving a unit, I can see emblems being drawn and erased in
> adjacent cells if at least one of those cells has not been seen
> before.  If another unit becomes active, then the emblems around
> first unit remain on the map.  There are other cases where the
> emblems remain, but I can't quite figured the pattern out.  I
> can erase the extra emblems by redrawing the map, so they are
> really just a visual nuisance.  Everything works fine otherwise.

Hi Tom,

  I don't think I have seen your problem on my Linux/X11 system.

  I doubt this is the case, but:
  If you have the People view option turned on, then emblems will be drawn
demarcating your country's border. Furthermore, your emblem will also be placed
on cells in which you have intruded into an enemy's country. Does this perhaps
fit the behavior you are seeing?