Re: (linux) xconq errors at exit

>On Thu, Jun 26, 2003 at 05:49:23PM -0400, Eric McDonald wrote:
>>
>> On a somewhat unrelated note, could you tell me if you get
>> BadWindow and BadDrawable messages on your console from games
>> that are started from the setup dialogs (as opposed to
>> starting them with -g from the command line)? Of some interest
>> is whether these are occuring with Tk 8.4 and higher....
>>

>If I start xconq on console, I get "X error on display :0.0:
>BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)" when xconq exits only. The
>message repeat several time.  This happens whether I use -g or
>setup dialogs.

The BadWindow/BadDrawable message is triggered by using the "wm withdraw"
command within the tcl script, and this always happens at the end of the
setup dialog (when the dialog is withdrawn). If you look at the error
messages you will find that there is one pair less if you use -g since one
tcl window less (the setup dialog) is withdrawn in that case. This is what
Eric meant. The other error messages come from other dialogs that you close
during the game or during exit.

>I also just discovered that that xconq does not handle the
>window closing well, either.  If I close a setup dialog, xconq
>does not exit until I interrupt it with control-c.  If I close
>the map window, I see the above message, followed by:
>
>Fatal error encountered. Signal 11

This is a known problem. I don't think it's related to the BadDrawable
messages.