Re: Occupant Combat, Redux

On Wed, Jul 02, 2003 at 02:36:47PM -0400, Jim Kingdon wrote:
> It makes attacking a transport (including, for example, a city in the
> standard game) a fairly powerful move, yes.
exactly

> With respect to game balance and such, I'm not sure whether this is a
> good thing or not, but it certainly is something which has affected my
> strategies and tactics quite a bit.
absolutely
making often not very realistic tactics....

> I suppose if we really want to address this perceived barrier, we
> could switch to XML.  Although it isn't clear whether xconq would fit
> XML as well as other uses of XML, which are more document-like (or
> record/field oriented, which fits into the document model pretty
> easily).
hmmm i allready had some thought about this, and had begun to amke some
reflexions about a suitable semantic, but a lot of xconq games are
tables, and those are a real pain to reflect in xml, so i abandoned that
idea...

--
ciao bboett
bboett@adlp.org