Re: emblem drawing glitches on linux

On Sat, Jul 05, 2003 at 02:32:56AM +0200, Hans Ronne wrote:

> 1. There was a change in update_cell (end of tkmap.c) where an
> "erasing row" now always is drawn if we see unit views instead
> of units and unit names are shown on the map. What happens if
> you turn off unit names? Do you still see the glitches?

Unit names were already off so I tried with unit names on.
There is a small change but the glitches are still there.  The
difference is that the glitch emblems only appear in the W and
NW cells, instead of W, NW, NE, E, and SE cells as they did in
my long turn-by-turn description of the problem.

> And what happens if you start the game with see-all? Do they
> disappear then?

Yes! The problem goes away completely.

> 2. There weer also some changes to draw_current which draws
> the current unit. What happens if you back out of these
> changes (if possible) so that the unit view-specific code is
> bypassed?

No glitch emblems!  This looks promising.  Let me know if there
is anything else you would like me to try.

Tom