Re: Availability of Xconq

> > I don't quite understand the argument about not wanting to advertize
> > unfinished xconq versions.
>
> I wasn't aware such an argument was being made.
> The home page of the Xconq Web site says:
> "The latest released version is 7.4.1. Development is proceeding on 7.5.
> Xconq is free software licensed under the GPL, and full sources are
> available for downloading. Xconq is also a very large and open-ended
> project, with lots to do; if you're an artist, game designer, play-tester
> or programmer, and want to help Xconq reach its full potential, we'd love
> to have you join in!"

Maybe I just misunderstood and argued for a point that is shared by everyone
already. Anyway this is nice.

> Check out Hans' download page for the Windows binaries:
> http://w1.694.telia.com/~u69400018/

Well, you still need another program to be able to use the files that are
downloadable there.  I think it is something called tcl or tcltk, although
not the newest version?  I did install 8.4.3 but that didn't do me any good.
So I still need to know what programs are necessary to run Xconq on windows
and were or how to install it, so that it work properly.

So this is what I'm asking for to be placed along with the Xconq binary
file; all necessary files and programs(that's not standard for a pc user)
and a readme of the necessary placements/installation of files/programs. For
instance tcl(ck) and IMFapp.

> In the case of Windows, maybe someone needs to find a free
> installer/packager program with acceptable licensing?
>
> Eric

That would be even easier for the users but perhaps quite a lot more work.

-Andreas