Re: HTML Documentation

>Aside from documentation, I am still considering some other things as well,
>but am not sure whether I can take care of all of them before the 7.5
>release:
>
>(1) Add configure tests to see whether a non-root user is building
>Xconq, and modify the GAMEUID and GAMEGRP variables in the Makefiles
>accordingly. This would allow a make install to succeed as a non-root user
>without first needing to change these variables in about 4 different
>Makefiles in the source hierarchy (so that chown/chgrp can succeed).
>Alternatively, --gameuid and --gamegid could be added to the configure
>options.

Seems like a sensible thing to do.

>(2) Add a create/build dialog to the Tcl/Tk interface along the lines of
>the one apparently available in the Macconq interface. Perhaps have a
>"Don't show this dialog again" option for those of us who would prefer to
>continue using the command line for production selection.

You could probably model this on the tcltk research dialog, which I just
gave a major overhaul. It would not always pop to front when user input was
required, but this has now been fixed. I had to use a customized
WM_DELETE_WINDOW protocol to get it to work as expected, though.

>(3) Update the RPM spec file for creating a source RPM. I started to look
>into this last night, and I think this should be relatively quick and
>easy to do....

Excellent.

>(4) Change the production/inventory list of units to show all unit types
>that a side can possibly own, not just the ones it starts with and can
>create/build.

It is quite possible for a side to own a unit that it cannot build,
however. Since this list is used to select units to build, one would have
to disable (gray out?) some unit types. Not sure if this is a good idea,
unless we get a Mac-type build popup to to the selection instead.

BTW, the Mac interface has a unit list that lists all visible units, not
just the unit types. Kind of a multiple unit info box. Of course, this
requires a separate window. You can click on a unit in the list and the map
will jump to it. Perhaps something to consider for the tcltk interface as
well? Post-7.5, of course.