Re: xconq/8: Rule called "replace".

On Wed, 6 Aug 2003, Erik Sigra wrote:

> * Make sure that the name is not too long for the buffer. (But does the rest
>   of xconq always check such things?)

No. But, my personal opinion is that these things should be checked for,
even if it means either truncating strings or dynamically allocating
memory to accomodate them. Xconq is quite admirable in that it tries to do
a lot with pre-allocated buffers, but my admiration ends where segfaults begin.

I added a patch about a month ago that did address some of these buffer
overflows (by using dynamic allocation), and I didn't get any negative
feedback about it, __FWIW.

  Regards,