Re: tk-xconq font sizes

>2)  For the preference solution:  What preferences should there be, and what
>preferences should just be scaled up/down from given preferences?  Having too
>many font choices in the GUI config dialog can be kind of silly, but I could
>see manual editing or some such.

The map fonts differ from the other xconq fonts in that they are not one
size but scaled according to map size. This was much easier to implement
with a series of fixed sizes. We could of course have a user-settable base
map font size for the smallest or largest magnification, but we would then
have to use a methematical formula to get the scaled sizes. This in turn
produces undersirable results, e.g. fonts with odd sizes (for some reason
11 points look worse than 10 or 12 points for most fonts and platforms).