Re: 7.5 release?

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003, Charles Goodwin wrote:

> It's been 'imminent' for quite some time.  What's left to do before it
> is released?

I'm sure Hans has his own list. But a few of things I would like
to take care of before the release are:
(1) Finish build system overhaul.
(2) Go over the documentation with a fine tooth comb. Possibly
rewrite some sections.

And time permitting:
(3) Finish getting rid of the X11 BadDrawable errors for the
dialog windows in the Tcl/Tk interface.
(4) Make sure that all unit types that a side can own (whether
through production, capture, or type changing) show up in
the unit type list in the Tcl/Tk (and possibly other) interfaces.
I know type changing is not even fully supported yet, but might as
well take care of this detail while we're thinking about it.
(5) Make sure that "xconq -x" writes initialization messages to
its invoking tty just like "xconq -g somegame" does.

Eric

P.S. I guess I'll have to make sure the Web site says
"approaching" (which I thought it did) rather than "imminent".