Re: update material display

On Mon, Oct 06, 2003 at 09:36:42AM +0200, Hans Ronne wrote:
> I'll check in the bug fix. Looking at the code again, all units should be
> tested for is_active also, rahter than completed. Dead units don't produce
> stuff.
>
> >2) The capacity was removed.
>
> We would have to make it work correctly for all games, if we put it in. It
> still does not handle treasuries.
>
> Hans

I'll keep working on it till its right. Before I jump in coding
again, I think I'll discuss it a bit.

 The algorithm in the patch I posted
checks if the capacity for a material is 99, 999 etc
using (storage+1)%10==0
and if so decides it is infinite and so displays nothing. In
my game of advances, it comes out blank. Only the "capacity"
heading is there, which should be OK I hope.

 In my game of bellum, besides being incorrect, the numbers
totally overwrote each other. In the patch I implemented a number
formatting function so that numbers greater then 9999 come out
as nn.nK, n.nnM, n.nnG so that this can never occur. Do you
think this is satisfactory?

 Should these functions to find total supply, production,
and capacity be part of the kernel rather than the interface,
so if other interfaces wanted the information it is not duplicated.
Possibly they could be moved there.

Cheers,
 Peter