Re: Windows Installer for Xconq

>On Mon, 3 Nov 2003, Hans Ronne wrote:
>
>> This is great! Precisely what we needed.
>
>Thanks. Glad you like it.
>
>> on my somewhat unusal Windows setup. I saw only one minor glitch, and that
>> is that the icons are drawn using 4-bit graphics,
>
>Interesting. Which icons? The installer and uninstaller icons?
>Except for a misguided attempt to borrow an icon from Xconq.ico
>for the Xconq documents, I don't recall having any other icons.

The installer dumps two icon files (Xconq.ico and Imfapp.ico) into the top
xconq directory. I thought at first you were using shortcuts to the cygwin
apps, but they are just plain icons. And they are drawn with 4 bits even
though they contain 8-bit and 32-bit images. But so are my original 32-bit
icons as well (I just checked) so it is clearly not related to your
installer. Sorry about the confusion. Seems that XP prefers to use the
lowest depth available when it draws an .ico file, unlike a .exe file where
the best image is used :-/.

So if you are going to compile in the icons this will not matter the least.