Re: Help menu position

On Mon, 2003-11-03 at 07:20, Hans Ronne wrote:
> The only glitch is the inability to scroll the help menu in Unix, which I
> already mentioned. I have seen this in some Unix programs before, such as
> the bookmarks menu in old versions of Netscape. So it must be a known
> problem to Unix developers.

I think that old versions of Netscape handled this by truncating the
menu to as many entries as would fit on the screen - 1, adding a "More"
sub-menu at the end of the menu, and displaying the remaining menu
entries in the "More" sub-menu (and, yes, it would put "More" sub-menus
within "More" sub-menus if it needed to).  Of course, this would grow
unwieldy very quickly with large menus (just try to imagine what it
would look like with all these sub-menus in 3rd-age.g!).