Standing orders

I'm looking at standing orders (because I think that they would make
games like bellum.g and bolodd.g a lot easier), but I'm still unclear on
a few things:

1. In bolodd, there is a "tower" unit that does not move, and it can see
and fire at any hostile units up to 8 cells away.  It can also
manufacture guided missiles of various kinds.  Can I use standing orders
to tell it to attack any hostile units within its firing range, but to
manufacture missiles if there are no hostile units in range?  Can a
standing order cause it to halt construction of a missile in order to
respond to enemy units (or could a doctrine serve that purpose)?  Can I
make it prioritize the units that it attacks (e.g. attack the units with
the highest offensive-worth first)?

2.  Assuming that I can use standing orders for towers (as described
above), I might want to use similar standing orders for missile units.
I would want them to attack units only if (1) the missile would reduce
the opponent's hitpoints by at least half, (2) the missile would not
inflict more damage than twice the opponent's hitpoints (so I don't see
powerful missiles being used against weak units), and (3) there are no
friendly units within its detonation-range of the target.  Can standing
orders be so complex?

3. I can see that if I want a choplifter to shuttle units between two
bases, for example Lund and Vethog, I could use two standing orders,
such as "if choplifter in Lund occupy Vethog" and "if choplifter in
Vethog occupy Lund".  I could then instruct a passenger to move to
either Vethog or Lund (whichever is closer), wait for the choplifter,
then occupy it (at least it would work in theory; I don't see anything
in the interface to issue such orders).  Can I instruct the choplifter
to go into reserve for one turn between arriving and departing, or to
wait until at least one unit occupies it?  And can I change its standing
orders later?

I'll probably have more such questions as I learn what I can do with
standing orders.