Re: Xconq Packaging (was Re: Major improvement to the Xconq kernel)

> Is there a Debian maintainer for Xconq?
> I didn't think there was one.

Well, someone must have packaged it.  They even included some fixes to
security holes (some of which we now have ourselves as well, now that
we have the snprintf machinery).

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=80576&repeatmerged=yes

Whether whoever did that has any plans to do anything with xconq
packaging in the future, I don't know.

> I know that at least two of the people on this list (or who used to be
> on this list) run Debian systems, and if either of them (or any other
> Debian user) was to step forward and offer to maintain Debian packages

That's half of it.  The other half is becoming a Debian developer, so
the packages actually can go into Debian the way the current xconq
7.4.1 package is.

Anyway, what's my point?  Mostly just that I endorse the idea of
someone other than Eric working on these packages (and likewise for
Fedora/Red Hat and Mandrake and whatever too), if someone has the
interest/skills.  Not that endorsements count as much as actual effort
and results :-).