single or multithreaded for SDL client?

Ok, I don't pretend to know everything, because computers are too vast
and it's a sheer waste of time to try to know everything.  Better to
leverage what others know off the top of their heads, if you want to get
things done quickly.  Hence the following idjit questions, I'm not going
to RTFM unless I really really have to.

With regards to the source code for SDL 1.2.6 (I'm talking about SDL
itself, not the Xconq SDL client), must it be compiled multithreaded?
That's the way the provided VC7 build files do it, and it's what the
build instructions say to do.  But is it necessary?  Does SDL require
it?

Xconq is single-threaded; I built the Tk client in single thread mode
and it worked fine.  Is multithreading desireable for Xconq?

Who is working on SDL?  How did you resolve your build issues?

Brandon Van Every           Seattle, WA

Taking risk where others will not.