non-programmer's opinion......

	I have been following this discussion with interest and have an opinion or
two of my own ( for what its worth ).....

I think that Python would be best for a scripting language as its OO and has
many libraries for UI buidling and game programming ( for sdl, gtk+, Tkinter,
Pygame, etc.) and tools available.

It could replace the gdl and by having more capabilities, allow more to be
done. By being simple to learn, more people ( like myself ) could be
encouraged to help develope things. ( I like FORTH but many do not )

Just my opinion ( a mostly uniformed one at that )

---------------------------

Is it possible to build 'chains of command' between units so that a command to
an upper level unit would be carried out by units lower in the chain?

Will facing and its effects ever make it to the game? ( for tactical battles,
air combat and some naval combat. )

I understand it would impact a lot of other things, but I am just curious.

I love this game and want to contribute in any way I can.
I just am lousy at programming.

With respect
	Richard Honeycutt