Re: Cannot build Xconq on Debian Linux

On Fri, 2003-12-05 at 17:16, Eric McDonald wrote:
>   Or if you want to investigate the problem yourself, you could
> look for the presence of the TCL_INCLUDE_SPEC or TCL_INC_DIR
> variables. And if neither exists or both are blank, then try to
> locate which variables provide some "-I" include flags or which
> provide paths to the includes directories from which the "-I"
> flags can be synthesized.

I was able to make it work by making the following changes to
tcltk/Makefile:

89,90c89,90
< TCL_CFLAGS =
< TK_CFLAGS =  #
---
> TCL_CFLAGS = -I/usr/include/tcl8.2
> TK_CFLAGS = -I/usr/include/tk8.2

I also had to make the following change to x11/Makefile:

50c50,51
< XAW_LIB = -lXaw -lXt $(X11_LIB) -lXext -lm
---
> # XAW_LIB = -lXaw -lXt $(X11_LIB) -lXext -lm
> XAW_LIB = -lXt $(X11_LIB) -lXext -lm

This, of course, may not work on non-Debian systems.

> P.S. My turnaround time may be even poorer next week. I don't know
> whether there are any good Internet cafes in San Francisco, and I
> won't have a laptop with me....

I live about 50 miles north of San Francisco.  I know that Internet
cafes do exist there, but I have not seen many that are easily
accessible without a laptop.  You could try the Zephyr Cafe (at 3643
Balboa Street, near 38th Avenue); I seem to remember that they offer
wireless Internet access to anyone who spends at least $5 there, but
they only have one computer available for customers without laptops.
They don't offer non-wireless (Ethernet) Internet for laptop users
either.

I don't often need Internet access when I'm in San Francisco, so I don't
know what other Internet cafes exist there.