Re: Cannot do anything in water

On Sun, 2003-12-14 at 20:38, Jim Kingdon wrote:
> > I also noticed that, in roman.g, an infantry sometimes expends an ACP
> > while trying to cross a river, but doesn't actually cross the river.
> > Even stranger, if I tell it to move to a non-adjacent cell, it seems
> > that the ACP readout shows "ACP 1", when it should say "ACP 1/2"!
>
> roman.g is a bit strange with respect to ACP because it sets acp-min
> to negative values.

Actually, I used acp-min in bolodd2.g.  Although I do notice one
difference between roman.g's use of acp-min and bolodd2.g's use of it:
roman.g allows ACP to spend twice as many ACP's as it gets every turn
(e.g. if infantry gets 2 ACP per turn, it may go down to -2 ACP).  This
means that if a unit performs a difficult task (e.g. crosses a river) or
is under heavy fire, it will have a total of 0 ACP at the start of the
next turn.  In bolodd2.g, the units I defined differed only in that they
would always have at least 1 ACP at the start of each turn (e.g. a tank
that gets 4 ACP per turn can only go down to -3 ACP).

It's not a very big difference in how acp-min is used; if acp-min was
the culprit, I'd expect the bug to produce the same effects in bolodd2.g
and roman.g (and it doesn't; roman.g doesn't have any problems with
naval units).

--
Lincoln Peters <sampln@sbcglobal.net>