Standard game problems in windows (20031214) version

Yesterday evening I played the standard game - by the way: which game would you
suggest as being moderately more advanced? - and had trouble unloading my
transports. I could only disembark directly into cities. I was able to build a
transport in a city  connected to the sea by a river (one hex), but was unable
than to slip into the sea.

The computer players did poorly, but I missed one transport of the last player.
So he retained score 1. I handed over to the AI to let it finish, but couldn't
bear to watch it crash my planes in hordes.

Besides: Units keep sharing fuel without my consent. This is especially
irritating with planes.

After having entered a flight path, planes keep halting after having spent half
of their fuel, despite the fact that there is a city waiting for them.

Have I mentioned yet, that I would love to see patrols implemented?

Still a fun game to play...

Regards,
Martin