Re: Mac OSX (10.3) GUI Bug in latest package

>Guys,
>  I got the latest Mac OS X package from Hans' site and tried it.
>  There's a minor GUI bug in the release that wasn't in the previous OS X
>packaged binaries - and it involves the window that pops up to designate
>the production of each city.
>  In the window that has the picklist of what each city is to build (I'm
>using the standard game as an example) the picklist extends past the
>window on the right. The window clips it OK, but you miss the 'handle' on
>the picklist.
>  Nothing major, but just wanted to let someone know so they can
>verify/fix the minor issue.

I have now checked into this. I guess you must have been playing something
like the "Cast Iron Life" game? It has extremely long unit type names which
will not fit into the popup window, like "Smoothbore Musket Regular
Infantry Division". We could truncate names like this before loading them
into the menu, but then one would not be able to tell the difference
between a "Smoothbore Musket Regular Infantry Division" and a "Smoothbore
Musket Regular Infantry Regiment". So the present solution, though less
than perfect, is probably the best we can do right now  :-/.

The best solution is of course to ask game designers not to use extremely
long names that will not fit into a window.