Re: xconq (from CVS) hangs after some time

Hi Norbert,

On Thu, 25 Dec 2003, Norbert Kiesel wrote:

> my xconq (built from CVS today) hangs after some moves (between 10 and
> 30) (i.e. no screen refresh etc, have to kill -9 it).  This is on a
> Debian unstable (with tcl/tk8.4). strace -p tells me it hangs in a futex

I have not seen this before. I have been testing with the latest
CVS stuff today on a Mandrake Linux box with Tcl/Tk 8.3, and
everything seems fine.

> I will try to compile with -g and attach a debugger to get more
> information, but wonder if this is a known problem.

If you are using gcc, "-g" is usually picked up by default, but
maybe configure does something different on Debian. If you have
"-O", you may want to get rid of that. Doing something like:
  CFLAGS="-g" ./configure --prefix=blah blah blah...
should work fine.

> Please cc me (nk@iname.com)

If this is the address that you would like to receive replies to,
you might want to set up a Reply-To address in your email
client's preferences.

> merry xmas

Thanks. You too.

  Happy Holidays,