Re: More bugs.

>> This is a feature, not a bug :-). You are now supposed to finish the build
>> command by picking another location where you can really build before
>> proceeding to the next unit. The idea is that instead of repeating the
>> build command you just have to click once more on the map if you make a
>> mistake the first time.
>
>I hope you are joking :-).

No. If this works the way it is supposed to (and it does in the Mac
interface) it helps a lot. Not only do you get a second chance to pick a
valid build location, but you are also told why the first location did not
work. I am testing the same kind of rapid feedback with the move-to command
right now, and it is even more useful there.

The reason why we need something like this is the new path-finding code. If
you pick a build or move-to target far away and the path-finding discovers
that it is unreachable, the task just fails and the unit does nothing.
There have already been bug reports on the list that are related to this.
We need to tell the human player early on that this will not work and give
him a second chance.

Obviously, there is some problem with cancelling the command in the tcltk
interface, but I think that is fixable.

>There is nothing on the screen to indicate that you are supposed to
>finish the build command.  Normal commands (like "z") all of sudden
>have their strange modal behaviors.

I'll add a notification message: "Please pick a new location."

>And I wasn't even successful at getting out of it by typing escape.

I'll look at the cancellation code again. It works in the mac interface,
but there may be a tcltk-specific problem here.

>I vote for having an error get you out of any mode.

You never get far as a task error with the new code. The idea was to avoid
task errors and the associated waste of acps and/or time.