From: xconq7-owner@sources.redhat.com
[mailto:xconq7-owner@sources.redhat.com] On Behalf Of Eric McDonald
Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2004 6:40 PM
To: xconq7@sources.redhat.com
Subject: New Action: change-type

Hello fellow Xconquerors,

  Hans and I recently added support for the change-type action in
all Xconq interfaces. If a unit can be changed into a unit of a
different type, you will be able to press the 'c' key and
have that change come about. In the Tcl/Tk interface, the
"Change Type" menu item in the "Play" menu will also be enabled if
a unit can change type and disabled if the unit cannot change
type.

  Currently, Xconq only allows type changes to be done manually,
meaning you must use a command for them to occur. Furthermore, the
changes can only occur if the unit has sufficient materials and
ACP (as specified by the game designer).
  I have plans to extend Xconq to allow automatic type changes
upon such triggers as a unit reaching a certain size or gaining
sufficient amounts of one or more materials.

  Anyway, I hope that game designers will find this mechanism
useful to provide more interesting game play. I see that Advances,
Space Civ, and Specula already have some support for using
change-type in them. Bellum Aeternum will soon.

  Have fun,