Re: HW requirements

>What about HW requirements (CPU speed, RAM, disk)?
>Where I'm going with this, is that machines typically have a 3-year
>life-span.  (before drives die, etc.).  So, figure 80-90% of customer
>base has a machine built since 2001.

As I said, 24 MB of RAM is required. I don't think disk space or CPU speed
is an issue on any machine that can run Xconq. The only serious limitation
on machines that people still use today is the poor graphics support in
pre-NT versions of Windows (98 etc). Which is a OS problem, not a hardware
problem.

As for the assumption that computers have a 3-year life-span, that may be
true in a corporate environment, but not elsewhere. I believe this has
already been discussed on the list.  We try to support a fairly broad range
of hardware and OS versions, not just the latest stuff.