Re: An xconq story and question

>My question is this: I've named my game Conqueror, and I've included many
>game elements from that old xconq.  Am I going to get in trouble by
>releasing this thing? :)

Welcome to the list!

Xconq is GPL code, so anybody is free to modify it and release their own
version, as I understand it. This happened several times in the early Xconq
history. What you cannot do is commercialize Xconq or a derivative thereof.
See the GPL for details. You may want to check with Stan before you release
your game, to make sure there are no misunderstandings.

You are also welcome to contribute to the current project, if you are
interested in that. A Windows native interface would be a welcome addition.
We do have a native interface on the Mac, and you can really tell the
difference between that and the much slower tcltk interface. Writing a new
interface is of course no small task, but perhaps you could port some of
the code you already wrote, as Eric suggested.