Re: newbie question

Hi Tom,

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004, Tom Schaub wrote:

> Couldn't get a second instance of Xconq launched on Mac OSX 10.3 using
> the 040402 pre-7.5 version. Tried launching the executable in Terminal:
> no joy, even with sudo.

Hans is the Mac guy. If you can provide
any sort of error messages that you are getting, I am sure he
would appreciate it. Also, if you have a Xconq.Warnings (or
similarly named file), you might want to check out its contents.

> Should I try installing the X11 version of Xconq (i have used other X11
> apps),

Go for it.   Or, if you are using the native Mac app, you could
try the MacTCL app instead.

I use network games on the same machine with the X11 Tcl/Tk app
on a regular basis.

> the one OSX machine, the others are all old iMacs running OS 8.6 or
> 9.1.

I think Hans has the native Mac app working all the way back to OS
8.6, so you should be safe, if you wanted to attempt that.

  Good luck,