Re: newbie question

On 13 Apr 2004, at 9:15 PM, Hans Ronne wrote:

Since MacOS doesn't allow you to launch two instances of the same program,
you have to make a copy of the app first. This is straightforward in MacOS
9.

Normally, you can launch multiple instances of the same program under OSX using the Terminal program and the Unix command-line interface. Every OSX app has an Unix executable buried inside the app bundle and you can launch it. I do it frequently with Apple's Textedit in order to launch it as superuser, usually with another instance already running.

When I tried this with the Mac OSX Xconq, I got a message that I didn't have proper permissions. When I tried again "sudo" nothing happened at all.

Tom