Pathfinding

Hello all,

  Xconq underwent fairly extensive surgery yesterday, which lasted
into the wee hours of this morning. The operation ended sometime a
little past 4 AM (US Mountain Time). The patient appears to be in
good health and has been certified for checkin to the CVS
outpatient repository by Hans and myself.

  All of Xconq's pathfinding and related code has been reverted
back to that which was in use prior to the addition of the Astar
pathfinder from Peter Garrone. Hans felt that this was a necessary
step if we intended to release 7.5 in the next few months, and he
eventually persuaded me to this line of thought as well. Having
taken this measure, we are _not_ rejecting Peter's contribution
permanently. We intend to bring it back at our leisure and in a
much more careful manner sometime after the 7.5 release.

  Players should benefit from these changes, in that certain
network sync errors should now be gone and that movement should
now behave better.

  If you see any movement-related bugs, _please_ report them ASAP.

  I will probably be releasing a new Windows installer in the next
few days, but I would highly encourage anyone who uses CVS to
heavily test the program as soon as is convenient.

  Thanks,