Re: Compiling Xconq on Cygwin?

On Mon, 03 May 2004 09:16:13 -0700 Eric McDonald <mcdonald@phy.cmich.edu>
wrote:
>Hi Stanley,
>
>On Mon, 3 May 2004, Stanley wrote:
>
>> I've managed to compile xconq on Cygwin.  The SDL version
>>compiles without any problems, but the UI is a bit awkward to
>>use, especially if you are visually impared.
>
>At this point, I think the SDL UI is a bit awkward to use, even
>if
>you aren't visually impaired. :-)
>
>> In tkwin32.c:
>> changed return type of XSetTile and XFlush to int from void,
>> changed argument of XSycronize to Display *dsp from void.
>>
>> In imappwin32.c (I think):
>> changed XSetTile return type to int from void.
>
>Is this with Cygwin with XFree86/X11 libs installed or without?

It's the full Cygwin install, including XFree86.

>> The problem was that these functions are delared in Xlib.h with
>> those types.
>
>Is this Tcl/Tk's Xlib.h or a "native" one that comes with
>Cygwin/XFree86?

The native one, I believe.  The only Xlib.h is
/usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xlib.h.  The TclTk is native
as well.

>> Also, the option --enable-ui=xtxaw does't seem to generate
>>useable makefiles.  Are there special instructions for this
>>interface?
>
>I haven't tried it on Cygwin/XFree86 so it is quite possible
>that it is broken. It does, however, work on Linux/XFree86 just
>>
>fine. Of course, if you have Cygwin without XFree86, then I would
>>
>not expect it to work. (And, on some non-XFree86 systems, the Xaw
>>
>lib may be missing, and so that would have to be built first.)

After I do the configure, when I type "make", nothing happens.  Could
you send me a copy of your root level makefile so I can do a diff?

>BTW, I put your MSVC project instructions (posted to the list
>a few years ago) into a file called INSTALL-win.txt. If you feel
>>
>up to it, perhaps you could review that and suggest modifications.

Unfortunatly, that was done with a work copy of the compiler, which I
don't have a copy of, since I'm not employed right now.  Next time I
have a spare $100, I plan on getting a student edition, but that probably
won't be before next fall.

>  Thanks,
>    Eric

TTFN