Re: Compile Warnings

On Mon, 2004-05-10 at 17:04, Eric McDonald wrote:

> So, this must mean that C does an automatic widening conversion
> from char to unsigned char. I will double-check my ANSI C
> reference from K&R to verify this.

It does, just like any other integer quantity, _as I suspected.

> > Now, if the choice is between ANSI pedantic code and C++ compatibility, I
> > would probably opt for the latter.
>
> I would opt for both. :-)

The changes were so easy to make with automation that I decided just to
go ahead and do them. Even generating that portion of the ChangeLog
entry was automated. I tested with both gcc and g++, and had no
problems. (Except for building the X11 interface with C++, but I have
had that issue for quite a while. g++ doesn't like the X11 headers.)

Least now, if someone new is building Xconq and using strict compiler
settings, he/she won't think the code is total crap based on the
warnings.