Re: Compile Warnings

>The changes were so easy to make with automation that I decided just to
>go ahead and do them. Even generating that portion of the ChangeLog
>entry was automated. I tested with both gcc and g++, and had no
>problems. (Except for building the X11 interface with C++, but I have
>had that issue for quite a while. g++ doesn't like the X11 headers.)

A possible problem would be bitmap editors chocking on the macro, but at
least my editor seems to be rather tolerant. Let's hope others are as well.
It does of course save the edited bitmap as "static char" so you would now
have to always remember to put the macro back by hand if you edit the
bitmaps.

The fact that the bitmap editor thinks an xbm should be "static char" and
not "static unsigned char" is interesting and makes we wonder what the
standard really is for the xbm format ...