Re: Building

On Tue, 2004-05-11 at 23:48, Hans Ronne wrote:

> Are you using a run-length greater than 1? If not, you may have found a
> bug. As Eric mentioned, there was a problems recently with runaway creation
> due to changes in the treasury code, but it only affected acp-independent
> units, and has now been fixed. And I don't think what you are describing is
> the same thing.

Oh. I wasn't aware the treasury code changes had broken anything. The
changes that I made in 'do_build_task' had affected acp-indep units, as
you say, until they were fixed. The original changes I made to
'do_build_task' were twofold. One, to get rid of the fact that
'find_unit_to_complete' was being called for both human-initiated and
AI-initiated creates/builds, and this was causing things to get built
other than what the player _specifically_ asked for, and that had been
as annoying as hell. Two, to track the ID of a newly created unit before
it had been added as an arg to the build task; this took care of a
runaway creation spree bug, in the case where a creator created a unit,
which was then completed at creation by itself, or built to completion
by other unit(s) before the creator's build task could run again.