Compiling under Cygwin

I've compiled both the SDL and TCLTK versions.  The SDL version has the
fewest problems, other than an incomprehensible interface.  The TCLTK
version doesn't show any text or graphics.  I did have to change tkwin32.c
slightly, as XLib.h has defined both XSetTile and XFlush to have int return
arguments rather than void, and XSychronize needed a Display* argument
rather than a void.  And, of course, the same change was needed in
imfappwin32.c for SetTile.  Any suggestion?
TTFN
Stanley