Bug Report: AI Cancels Build

I've been chasing a build issue in Korea 2006.  For a
while, the AI only wanted to build Air Fleets, now it
only wants to build Surface Fleets and Coastal Fleets.
 I don't know how the AI weighs which unit to choose,
but it has more than enough materials to pay for the
units and numerous idle builders, both near and away
from enemy units.

Also, I've found that while the AI will choose to
build Coastal Fleets at large shipyards, if I order a
small shipyard to build a Coastal Fleet, where it
takes two turns, and then switch the side to MPlayer
control, the AI switches the shipyard to Plan:
Passive, even though the unit has been paid for and
there's nothing left but to order one more build
sequence.

I just don't get it...