Re: Wrecking as a result of starvation

Hi Matthew,

On Wed, 2004-05-26 at 19:15, mskala@ansuz.sooke.bc.ca wrote:
> At present, units that starve to death simply vanish.  I would prefer that
> they wreck (when wrecking is possible) instead.  That behaviour would be
> more consistent with my reading of the docs, and it would also allow a
> variety of clever tricks using unit starvation to create time-delayed type
> changes.  Attached are a patch and a sample game file demonstrating the
> behaviour - just move the human around until s/he starves; in present CVS
> the unit doesn't leave a corpse, but with my patch, it does.

Sounds interesting. Unfortunately, I won't have time to think about it
and test it in the next few days. Maybe Hans can deal with it before
then.

>  One
> FIXME remains, since I don't know what to do about player notification,
> but the patched code is no different from the original in that respect.

If the game designer defines something for it in the 'event-notices' or
'event-narratives', then my guess is that the notification issue would
be taken care of. You would probably want to do something about lines
1596 to 1599 (and perhaps 1589 to 1593 as well) of combat.c in your
patch..., just so we get an accurate accounting of what transpired.

  Regards,