A more sophisticated demonstration of change-type

Here is a game module that uses the new change-type mechanism to
implement d20-style combat.  It contains 7 types of cities and 20 types
of knights.  The cities gain levels by growing them to a threshold size,
and the knights gain levels by gaining CXP.  In the case of cities,
higher-level cities can build higher-level knights, and higher-level
knights are more effective combatants than lower-level knights (+5%
chance to hit, -5% chance to be hit, +1 damage per level).  A city can
be automatically captured by a knight (100% chance) if the city has no
armed defenders (0% chance to capture unless the defenders are
destroyed).

In its current form, this module effectively demonstrates (at least to a
point) how the new change-type code can be used, but I plan to do a lot
more work on it before I would consider adding it to the library as
anything other than a test module.

---
Lincoln Peters
<sampln@sbcglobal.net>

If the future isn't what it used to be, does that mean that the past
is subject to change in times to come?