Re: (Mac?) Interface q's

On Sat, 2004-05-29 at 14:46, Tom Schaub wrote:

> First, how common is use of the Sequential option? I prefer this form
> of play, since I am usually playing solitaire. Is the structure of the
> Xconq code such that separate testing of a game module is needed to
> assure proper behavior in simultaneous, multi-player mode?

The separate testing of the simultaneous play doesn't hurt.

I think quite a few of the games in the library are sequential by
default, and I think it is probably the preference of many people to
play in sequential mode.

As far as your Mac questions are concerned, Hans is probably the best
one to answer those, since I don't even own a Mac that is capable of
running Xconq right now. Unfortunately, Hans is going to be busy with
the real world for at least the next week. I am assuming that Stan might
be able help you with the questions though.

As far as your fourth question is concerned: the next unit is scheduled
at the level of the Xconq kernel. If an interface wanted to provide an
alternate unit scheduling, it would have to run a scheduler at the
interface level. I doubt that the Mac interface has a separate
scheduler, but I haven't looked at its code too much.