build doctrine question/bug?

Situation: Playing "Modern Game" on latest Mac OSX version of Xconq. Units are AI-control, true, Plan-passive, by default.

Player action: Start construction of units through either P command or Construction window, putting a number greater than one (have tried 3, 5, 99) for number of units of that type to build.

Improper program behavior: After completing the first unit, the town/city goes idle instead of starting a second unit.

Observations:

I investigated the Doctrine settings. There seems to be a conflict between the settings for Construction Run value between the "default-doctrine" and "place-doctrine" -- the "place doctrine" values reflect the values I set at the time of construction and vary by the type of constructed unit. But the the "default-doctrine" values of Construction Run are all set to "1".

The values 1 are obviously coming from this in the game module "modern.g" ---

(doctrine default-doctrine
  (construction-run (u* 1))
  )

(side-defaults
  (default-doctrine default-doctrine)
  )

I can also see the definition of the place-type in the game module.

Shouldn't the doctrine for the specific unit(s) override the default-doctrine?

Also, I tried to change the default-doctrine manually with a text command, but must have been doing something wrong.

Tom