Re: New Wreck-Type Options

On Tue, 2004-06-15 at 22:08, Elijah Meeks wrote:
> I was waiting until I had a working framework for what
> I hope is a fun little, civilization-like game that's
> taking taking longer than I thought to put together,
> but I wanted to thank Eric for these new wreck-type
> options and the capture protection options.  They add
> immeasurably to Xconq.  Bravo.

You're quite welcome. Usefulness is the mother of invention.

With apologies to Interplay:
Xconq. For game designers. By game designers.

Eric

P.S. If anyone is using the new 'destruction-result' unit property, then
be aware that there is a subtle bug lurking in it. I encountered the bug
with it last night. It seems to work right most of the time, but after
like 40 turns of Wreckreation (being played by the AI), it did encounter
a bogus result (a nil list instead of one of the 'vanish' or 'table'
keywords). I will try to finish tracking down this bug tonight. If you
are playing Wreckreation and encounter a warning, "Unknown destruction
result encountered.", you can safely ignore it and continue playing
without ill side effects.