Re: Weird fuel behavior

> First, to clear up some confusion, I assume you are not playing modern.g
> ("Modern Times") but lhs.g ("Modern Game") since only the latter game has
> mines. My previous comments were about modern.g, but most of them apply
> also to lhs.g.

Yes, should have been more exact - it is lhs.g.

> >I've never seen a 'supply low' message on a mine.
>
> The critical material for mines is ammo:
>
> (table hp-per-starve
>   ((i f b) fuel 1.00)
>   ;; Immobilized tanks eventually rust...
>   (armor fuel 0.05)
>   (ship fuel 0.10)
>   (places fuel (0.05 0.05 0.05 0.0))
>   (m ammo 0.25)
>   )
>
> Now, what this table means is that the mine has a 25% chance each turn of
> loosing one hp if it is out of ammo. Since it only has 1 hp (and room for
1
> ammo) it is either filled up with ammo and safe, or empty and subject to
> random destruction. This may be why you don't see a SupplyLow warning.

All right, last question then I'll shut up about this.  The mines are all
produced with ammo 0/1; do I need to get a unit onto their hex and 'g'ive
them some ammo each time I create one?

Thanks for the information about cities etc; there is a lot to learn about
this game!

Robert.