Re: New Documentation: Games Library

>> * Provide some brief introductory text at the top of the "Table of
>> Contents" page.  Perhaps the existing string which is "The standard
>> Xconq game, loosely based on WW II ca 1945." in the case of standard.g.
>
>This sounds reasonable.

This is a very nice addition. Hopefully, it will make people browsing the
web site more interested in trying out the game.

I have two suggestions.

One is what Jim already asked for, even though he didn't refer to it by
name: the blurb. This is the most important item in the whole help system,
since it provides a brief description of the game. Only some games have
instructions, but every one has a blurb that makes sense. I made sure about
that when I updated the game library earlier this year. The blurb can now
also be much longer (max 480 characters) and I tweaked the interfaces so
that a bigger blurb can be displayed. So it is possible to put a little
more info in there than just the title and the author name.

The other thing that would be nice in the help pages are screenshots of the
games. Like the ones Stan already put on the web site a long time ago. This
would give the reader a much better idea about the available modules. Of
course, this would require some human work since I doubt that xcscribe
could be made to play games and take screenshots :-).