Re: Improved IMFApp

Hans Ronne wrote:

I have checked in the improved IMFApp that I have been working on recently.
It no longer needs 1 GB of memory and 45 minutes to load imf.dir (well,
things were not quite that bad, but almost).

It loaded fairly quickly on my Linux box. Inside a virtual machine on my hardware takes a little over a minute, which is probably quite fast, given how long a Xconq compile takes in the VM.

The image-loading progress report is a nice touch.

I think the top-level window size is too big. In the ChangeLog, I think you said you changed it to 900x600 (which is much bigger than 640x480, and would be unwieldy at 800x600). Even at the 1024x768 resolution I prefer (my best monitor is 8 years old, and does not have a particularly good dot pitch, so higher resolutions are too hard to read text in), the window seems too big.

In retrospect, I ask myself why I put a lot of work into improving
an application that I guess only a handful of people ever use.

Well, that handful (game developers) is a very important handful. And, I think your work is appreciated by that handful.