Re: First stable version of improved ai_plan_research

On Wed, 8 Sep 2004, Elijah Meeks wrote:

> You could add GDL support for this by letting the
> Designers write weighted tables.

Currently, Xconq only supports tables of integers. One would need
to implement suport for tables of lists first.

> It would still be useful to have an
> advance-precludes-advance table, in those cases when
> two advances are actually in opposition to each other.

I think the example regarding Opal makes a good case for this.
As was previously mentioned, you can, in theory, shut off
advances by degrading the production of a material needed to
research them. The only problem there might be if someone hoarded
the material needed for the precluded advance ahead of time....
I'll add 'advance-precludes-advance' to my todo list.