Re: Morale and opinions

> This would make it hard to implement traditionally
> unreliable units,
> such as orc hordes, as without either morale or
> opinions, the side has
> no way to affect the chance of the unit revolting.

I attempted to use the 'has-opinions' unit attribute
but GDL didn't recognize it.  This was some time ago,
and who knows, there may have been a syntax error, but
I ended up resorting to a straight revolt-chance for
my Ogres, Demons, Iblis and other fickle creatures in
Opal.  If you could get this to work, that'd be great.
 However, any work on morale would leave, I'd assume,
to retreating, and keep in mind that the XConq retreat
still has issues when called in a game that usese ZOC
rules.

Also, on an unrelated note, I'd lik to give everyone
my buggy little arena.g, which is not fun* or very
functional.  It's meant as a testbed for XConq
item-like units, but I've had a hell of a time getting
the protection tables to do what I want, and swords
keep jumping from owner to owner of their own
volition.  If anyone gets a chance to look at it, I'm
specifically  vexxed by the protection, especially
setting up armor and shield units to absorb some
blows, thereby representing armor class.

Elijah

*Well, there's a certain visceral pleasure in cutting
down farmers and jesters and hunchbacks, and a rather
ironic pleasure in that it's called Arena, but there's
no arena to speak of, but other than that...