Re: New Source Tarball and Windows Installer

mskala@ansuz.sooke.bc.ca wrote:
On Sun, 26 Sep 2004, Eric McDonald wrote:

I have released a new installer for Windows and new source tarball. They can be gotten at:
http://xconq_hacker.home.comcast.net

Will you be checking these into CVS? Is CVS still a good way to stay up to date at all? I get the impression a lot of recent work (not just yours) hasn't been going in there.

This is a bit of a tricky issue. If all was well and good, then I would have been checking in regularly during the past month. However, due to an incident that occurred last month (and several minor ones before then), I feel that I cannot guarantee the integrity of what I commit to the CVS repository on 'sources.redhat.com'. This has led me to maintain my own personal CVS repository. I know that this may be inconvenient to some, and I'm sorry for the inconvenience. I hope that the situation can be resolved on good terms in the near future, which is why I continue to associate with the Xconq project. If not, then I suppose you will have the option of checking my alternative sources (under a different "banner") out of a public CVS repository somewhere else, sometime in the future....

As for others not checking in things, there are only a few others who have CVS write access, and of them, only Jim has shown vital signs in the past month. I am not aware of anyone else, who has CVS write access, maintaining a separate branch to the sources.